Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What size string for a string trimmer?

On Oct 31, 11:49*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 10/31/2010 1:03 AM, mm wrote:

What size string for a string trimmer?

Somewhere I got the idea that each string trimmer was designed for a
certain diameterr, but I have two on which I can find no
recommendation. *Maybe on one it was scuffed off when it was hit on
the ground to feed more string, but I don't think so.

Is there a problem using string too thin? *Or too thick? * How do I
know what to use?

Thanks.

(I'm either planning for next year or late for last year.)

use the thickest that will fit in the hole you have to thread it
through. *(usually one size bigger than what it came with). *Thinner
will just last a shorter time.

--
Steve Barker

No one has suggested looking at the booklet that same with the
trimmer, commonly known as the owners manual. Try it. You just might
find something there. OR, try the manufacturers website or maybe even
a phone number in the manual or on the web site, or maybe a local
dealer of the same brand of trimmer.