Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default What size string for a string trimmer?

On Oct 30, 11:10*pm, mm wrote:
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 02:03:54 -0400, mm
wrote:

What size string for a string trimmer?

Somewhere I got the idea that each string trimmer was designed for a
certain diameterr, but I have two on which I can find no
recommendation. *Maybe on one it was scuffed off when it was hit on
the ground to feed more string, but I don't think so.

Is there a problem using string too thin? *Or too thick? * How do I
know what to use? *

Thanks.

(I'm either planning for next year or late for last year.)

BTW, I've googled them both already with no success, but the ones I
have are a black and decker st6000, and a Sears 358.798020 . *They are
both electric, running off cords (the B&D seems to make one with the
same model # that runs on batteries!) * Although SearsPartsDirect is
closed all night due to scheduled maintenance until 7:00ET, but I
doubt it will give more than the same part list that other sites copy
from its data, like with the Kenmore refrigerator.

light duty / medium duty string trimmers use smaller diameter line

I'm thinking .065", that's what my ancient weedwackers (electric) use

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...9-20/ref=nosim

note part number

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...9-20/ref=nosim

cheers