Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2 Bench Shop Model

Bill wrote in :

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:51:01 -0400, wrote:

I went to Lowes today, and they had lots of fixtures, but not many
like I wanted, and I couldn't tell the features they had (only one
with an "enclosure"/reflector for instance). Perhaps all of the
fixtures were of the same brand. I stood there for 15 minutes to see
if someone would offer to help me, but they didn't, and I left
thinking it probably wasn't a quality brand anyway. They did have a
stack of 4' 2-bulb T-12 fixtures on sale for 9.97--of the same brand
too! Putting two and two together, it made me wonder how good any
of those fixtures is.

RUN AWAY! In what city do yo live, again?

Thanks for the warning. I was hoping someone would advise me one way
or the other. It could have been the "bargain of the month" and I
didn't know it.... I live close to Indianapolis, how about you?

Bill

I picked up some of the $10 fixtures from Lowes some time ago. They're
just ok... until I turn the CMS on. Then they blink off and on and
become a sudden distraction. As a result, they don't get used very
often... Too bad, I like the extra light.

One of these days, I'll run a new circuit for those lights and a switch
on the wall. It's not a big enough hassle to be high on the project
list.

Puckdropper