Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gage block set question...

On Oct 30, 6:59*pm, "Pete C." wrote:

For the $47.96 the set cost with the sale, I could have ordered two to
see for myself if I had thought of it when ordering. I do find it
amazing that someone (even in China) might have individually precision
measured all 81 blocks in a set that sold for that price, but I suppose
it's possible.

My guess is that they have some automated measuring system that is
used to measure each block and provide correction to the machine that
grinds the blocks to size. You could probably measure every tenth
block to provide for the correction, but as long as you have the
measurement automated, you might as well measure each block and
provide the measurement.

Dan