Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Gage block set question...

Out of curiosity, has anyone here ordered the Enco 81 pc economy gage
block set (Enco 630-4115)? I ordered one recently with the sale and
October 20% discount, and it seems pretty nice, especially for the
price.

It came with an inspection certificate claiming NIST tracability and
listing the size deviation from the reference standard for each block in
millionths by block serial number. Every block I've measured with my
digital micrometer so far has been spot on, which would be expected
since the blocks are supposed to be 10X more accurate.

The set certainly seems plenty accurate for my needs, but I'm curious if
the inspection certificate is legit or if every set has the same
certificate and serial numbers. If you have this set, please post the
set SN and a few block SNs and deviations.

Set SN 81PCS-1723
0.100" SN 61398 +4
0.500" SN 73231 -13
1.000" SN 79604 -1