Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default 2 Bench Shop Model

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:51:01 -0400, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

WAITAMINUTEHERE. If you didn't yet know how many light fixtures you
wanted on the ceiling, how could you run wiring at all?

Well, from my new but currently unactivated sub-panel, I have installed
a 15 amp circuit breaker and 12-2 Romex to a new wall switch, and from

Why only 15?

Well, because it was a lighting circuit? I've seen I can switch a
C'Breaker in less time than it takes to get the cover off the panel, so
this is not a big deal.

thoughtful I idea snipped

I need to take accurate measurements of some details so I can "commit"
to a diagram, then I may be almost good to do.

Butcha just can't commit, can ya? Bwahahahahaha!

Actually, I'm in a hurry to commit so I can start installing lights!
(We) Made a lot of progress in that direction this week.

I went to Lowes today, and they had lots of fixtures, but not many like
I wanted, and I couldn't tell the features they had (only one with an
"enclosure"/reflector for instance). Perhaps all of the fixtures were of
the same brand. I stood there for 15 minutes to see if someone would
offer to help me, but they didn't, and I left thinking it probably
wasn't a quality brand anyway. They did have a stack of 4' 2-bulb T-12
fixtures on sale for 9.97--of the same brand too! Putting two and two
together, it made me wonder how good any of those fixtures is.

RUN AWAY! In what city do yo live, again?

Thanks for the warning. I was hoping someone would advise me one way or
the other. It could have been the "bargain of the month" and I didn't
know it.... I live close to Indianapolis, how about you?

Bill