Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Rare earth magnetic knife holders

On Oct 30, 9:16*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Of -course- you wipe a knife after sharpening. But if it has been
magnetized, it's much harder to remove the swarf. You can't just do a
quick stroplike wipe, you have to collect the crap in your paper towel
from both sides at once. *It's a PITA.

As Mac said, just demagnetize by running it the other way. I've never
noticed any magnetism on a knife blade, and I've never had trouble
cleaning a knife after sharpening. I rinse it, then just wipe one
side then the other on a towel and put it back.

BTW, what's with all of the *rf words in woodworking? Swarf, kerf,
arf (shop dog)...