Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rare earth magnetic knife holders

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 09:03:26 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

RicodJour wrote:

What's with all of the shards? What are you guys using to sharpen
your knives - a half ******* file? I sharpen with stones once in a
blue moon. A steel is used for the day to day sharpening. It's all
that's ever needed, and I have yet to see a shard. What comes off
with the steel is dust, and that's a mineral supplement. You'd pay
top dollar for it at GNC. Iron, chromium...what's the MDR for
vanadium?

I'll give you that point - I did not like using the word "shards" when I
posted, but was in too much of a rush to think of a better way to phrase it.
My bad...

Yeah, I had just broken a flower pot and it sunk deeply into my
consciousness at the time. The correct word is swarf. My bad.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs