Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Rare earth magnetic knife holders

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:49:03 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Steve,

I haven't seen anyone else mention this so either I'm the first or I'm
stoopid... But won't the blade pick up magnetism eventually? That's not
such a good thing to me but may be a useless or harmless trait otherwise.

I just envision sharpening the blade and knowing that there are small pieces
of shaved-off steel all over the magnetic blade ready to jump into my food.
--

The magnetism isn't a problem...
I hold all my lathe tools on magnets and once in a while I feel a slight

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing