Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default Best Off the Shelf Cabinets?

On 10/29/2010 2:45 PM, W wrote:
wrote in message
W wrote:
I am not a builder, so I don't know the precise language to use to

identify
different building materials and construction techniques.

For me particle board and fiberboard are both equally low quality

products,
and I want to avoid both. I asked my cabinet maker, and he said that he

is
using a birch plywood that is A grade on top and C grade on bottom (but

he
thought it was actually a B grade). That is the same quality of
construction I would want to buy in an off the shelf product, even if it
cost more than fiberboard or particle board. Does that help you

identify
the type of construction I want?

I am looking for off the shelf, completed cabinets, made of birch or

equal
quality plywood, with real wood veneers. Does any web site sell

those?

W, This was very confusing to read since you top-posted. Good luck with
your cabinets.

The reason I top posted was that my news application has a bug and on some
posts it doesn't quote the text I am responding to. It would be even more
confusing to have my response run on together with the original text,
undifferentiated.

The message was very small in any case, so really it was not that hard to
read both parts.

How do you know how much time I or anyone else spent trying to decipher
your message?