Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default 2 Bench Shop Model

On 10/29/2010 9:33 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 01:24:37 -0400, wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

1 luminaire for every 35 sq ft will give you 71 FC maintained with a
20% dirt depreciation allowance.

You just got a free lighting design, enjoy it.

Lew

When you first wrote that I thought 1 luminaire was a 4' bulb.
Now I think you mean(t) 1 luminaire is a fixture with two 4' (32w)
bulbs. Starting to feel like I'm making more out of this than there is,
but I don't want to be disappointed when I flip that switch.

If you go with Lew's recommendation, I hope you put alternate fixtures
on a separate switch. That way you can have nice lighting or GAWD
THAT'S BRIGHT! at the flip of an extra switch.

If you have 5 rows, put rows 2 and 4 on the second switch.

I already (this summer) installed a single wall switch for all of the
fixtures and run wire to and around the attic. It would be nice if
each fixture had a pull-chain switch so I could be energy efficient in
my general use of lighting. I learned alot about fluorescent bulbs, and
how important reflection is this week (both in the walls and ceiling,
and in the fixtures).

Thanks,
Bill