Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rare earth magnetic knife holders

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in
:

Steve,

I haven't seen anyone else mention this so either I'm the first or I'm
stoopid... But won't the blade pick up magnetism eventually? That's
not such a good thing to me but may be a useless or harmless trait
otherwise.

I just envision sharpening the blade and knowing that there are small
pieces of shaved-off steel all over the magnetic blade ready to jump
into my food.

The weak magnetic field a knife may pick up won't hold on to metal
particles under a stream of water for very long. Simply wash the knife
before use and you'll solve that problem.

Puckdropper