Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default another segmented bowl effort

Tom - look at the picture carefully - there is a faint pencil
text on it - looks like "Japan" or is that the Yaupon wood (Holly).

I turned a holly off my place in California - but it was white wood and
fibrous. It made great cups and holders. I made several desk sets
when the power company cut down a tree on my place that was 8" easy.

Martin

On 10/27/2010 10:47 PM, tom koehler wrote:
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:07:52 -0500, Martin Eastburn wrote
(in ):

Nice bowl - is the unknown wood Teak - does it have Japan on the face ?

Martin

oh, golly, I don't know what it is, that's why it is unknown. The wood
samples dad had were sometimes labeled, sometimes not. This one was not
labeled. It looks nice and has nice results on thelathe. When it is gone, it
is gone. Maybe I will save a small piece and put some kind of finish on it
for future reference.
tom koehler