Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What causes this?

On 2010-10-28, Michael Koblic wrote:
This is what I observed while degreasing some parts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...th/5121601823/

It does not seem to fade or slow down with time. Any clues?

I can't get the images to play on my system. What format? a
".wmv" by any chance?

Anyway -- just guessing:

1) Is there vibration on the surface (some motor running in
contact with it as part of another tool?

2) It could be evaporation causing cooling on the top surface,
and heat from the bench to the tray causing convection? (Or is
there a heat source as part of the cleaner? That would pretty
much *force* convection.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564