Posted to rec.woodworking
W[_2_] W[_2_] is offline

Default Best Off the Shelf Cabinets?

I am not a builder, so I don't know the precise language to use to identify
different building materials and construction techniques.

For me particle board and fiberboard are both equally low quality products,
and I want to avoid both. I asked my cabinet maker, and he said that he is
using a birch plywood that is A grade on top and C grade on bottom (but he
thought it was actually a B grade). That is the same quality of
construction I would want to buy in an off the shelf product, even if it
cost more than fiberboard or particle board. Does that help you identify
the type of construction I want?

I am looking for off the shelf, completed cabinets, made of birch or equal
quality plywood, with real wood veneers. Does any web site sell those?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Oct 27, 9:15 pm, "W" wrote:
What web sites offer medium high quality cabinets and low prices? I have
a few applications where I want to compare custom against making due with
something off the shelf.

For material I want a strong plywood with a high quality real wood veneer.
No fiberboard!!!!

You ask odd questions, or at least phrase them oddly.
No fiberboard - got it. What about particle board?
'Strong' plywood? Is that a grade?
Medium high quality and low prices. All of that is subjective and
provides no helpful information.

Check out cabparts.com or some such and roll you own and see if that
works for you.