Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Best Off the Shelf Cabinets?

On Oct 28, 5:57*pm, "Leon" wrote:

Having said all that I build lots and lots of cabinets. *I am currently
having a home built and it is going to have the "off the shelf cabinets" but
not by choice. *If the builder would let me build and install my own
cabinets I would be better off.

That's an odd one. Maybe he's figuring that you'd delay him, delaying
getting the CO and delaying him getting his final payment.

Ask him if he'll install the cabinets with the minimum number of
screws to 'tack' them in place, and not screw the countertop down.
After the CO, pull that stuff and donate it to a local Habitat for
Humanity Restore. They'll come and pick it up and you can take the
deduction for the full cost of the cabinets (have the contractor give
you the invoice).