Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default 2 Bench Shop Model

On 10/28/2010 2:17 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I had a duplex pointing down from the ceiling, and there was a quad
box on top (filled with insulation, unfinished attic) to which I added
outlets. I knocked holes in the sheetrock and pulled the plugs for the
lights through, then sealed the holes. If I had it to do over, I'd
have added that quad beneath, facing the shop, and let the fixture
wiring show. Replacement would have been much easier in the future.

It's nice to get the benefit of the voice of experience.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is my finished ceiling. If I
install duplex outlets in the ceiling, they will necessarily be "cut in
box" variety that attach to the drywall, and I can see myself replacing
the ceiling within the next 10 years. I'll have to wait for the dust to
settle and see what I think. A few minutes ago, I was thinking,
excitedly, gosh I'm going to have Lights AND Electric. : ) Reminds me
of the kind of thinking that must have taken place in the early part of
the 20th century. Maybe I'll even have Plumbing someday! ; )

Thanks,
Bill