Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default end cutting pliers / pincers

On 28 Oct, 14:53, "TMC" wrote:
"Robert" wrote in message

Please can someone tell me whether end cutting pliers and pincers are
two names for the same thing or whether they are two different tools?

I had been struggling to remove some nails with pliers when a
neighbour let me borrow his pincers. The nails came out in no time at
all. I'm surprised at this because both pincers and pliers grab the
sides of the nail; what's so magical about pincers that they work so
much better?

I thought I would get myself some pincers but I see items described as
end cutting pliers that look identical. Are they really identical? I'm
wondering whether perhaps the cutting pliers have a sharp edge to cut,
whereas perhaps the pincers have a blunt edge. Otherwise wouldn't they
cut the nail in situ rather than pull it out?

Not a dig at the Op by any means but I remember when such things were taught
in schools ....to everyone at the school

Even the girls?