Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default end cutting pliers / pincers

On Oct 28, 10:39*am, Robert wrote:
Please can someone tell me whether end cutting pliers and pincers are
two names for the same thing or whether they are two different tools?

I had been struggling to remove some nails with pliers when a
neighbour let me borrow his pincers. The nails came out in no time at
all. I'm surprised at this because both pincers and pliers grab the
sides of the nail; what's so magical about pincers that they work so
much better?

I thought I would get myself some pincers but I see items described as
end cutting pliers that look identical. Are they really identical?

Use end cutters for pulling out nails and you'll soon knacker the
cutting edge.

MBQ