Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default another segmented bowl effort

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:21:26 -0500, Kevin Miller wrote
(in message ):

I like the diagonal section. Adds an interesting twist to the work. Do
you have a top for it? Or shots of the interior? The bottom looks great.

Thank you. I did not make a lid for this thing. We had some out of town
company for a couple of days, and I'd only just finished gluing up the block
and not time to make the kind of lid I wanted. The visitor was very happy
with the vessel with no lid. I do like making lids for them, though and will
try doing more of them. I do have one shot looking straight down into the
vessel - looks much like the outside, just a white circle with a colored bar
across it.

Have you seen this?

http://woodtube.ning.com/video/the-h...m17.409772&esr
c=nwwood&email=404085185

did not see it before, but looked at it now. Great video and the youngster in
it has talent. Great shop he is in, likely some influence on him from his
family. Good for him! He has obviously had some good teaching. I really like
the method, and will certainly give it a go! Thanks for the link.

(watch the line wrap) You could do something similar on a larger scale
which might be pretty neat.

I am going to.

That's quite a mongo glue press you have! Wish I had one of those. No
excuses - wanted one for ages but just too lazy to build it. Ha.

I have had this press for beaucoup years. I like it fine, and it was simple
and cheap to make - and very useful.

I should also get a hot glue gun - Seems like I'd probably glue my
fingers together a lot less if I did! :-) My wife glued her's together
once and it was a riot seeing her hop around the shop trying to get them
unstuck. Oddly she failed to see the humor. Go figure.

yeah, I can imagine. heh. I use superglue for closing up small cuts and
protecting blisters. I like my hot glue gun... it is a cheapie with no moving
parts, I just gotta push the glue stick through with my thumb. Is good enough
for me.

tom koehler

...Kevin

--