Posted to alt.home.repair

Default IKEA Kitchen Cabinets

On 10/27/2010 5:04 PM RicodJour spake thus:

As others have said, their hardware is good. Their ledger strip
hardware for hanging wall cabinets is nice and strong and makes
single handed installation easy for even a noob.

Yep. I can testify to this, being such a noob. I've hung two sets of
Ikea cabinets using their "suspension rail". Just level and attach the
rail; attaching the cabinets is then super-easy. Once in place, you just
tighten two nuts inside the cabinet to secure it.

In the last installation the clients wanted me to install a couple of
book cabinets using the rail, but they had managed to lose some of the
hardware that was needed. We went to the local Ikea store (Emeryville),
where they gave us the missing hardware--and didn't charge us for it.

By the way, if anyone's interested in their kitchen cabinets, look for
the "Akurum" line in their catalog or online.