Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default IKEA Kitchen Cabinets

On Oct 23, 9:19*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've never bought anything IKEA. As far as I know, I've never *seen*
anything IKEA in real life.

I just saw a magazine ad for an IKEA kitchen.

Anybody know where the quality of IKEA kitchen cabinets ranks?

Thanks!

They're fine. I'd have no qualms recommending them to someone, as
long as the someone wasn't expecting custom quality. As others have
said, their hardware is good. Their ledger strip hardware for hanging
wall cabinets is nice and strong and makes single handed installation
easy for even a noob. The drawers just snap together with no tools,
which makes you wonder about other knockdown drawers.

This web site is very good:
http://www.ikeafans.com/
The people on their have a lot of experience with the stuff and you'll
get a good idea of how their cabinets install and function.

The cafeteria food is a step up from your usual cafeteria, cheap, and
there seems to be a number of people who go there solely for the food.