Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Quarter-turn ceramic taps - Are H & C the same?

In message , Ronald Raygun
writes
Tim Watts wrote:

I love 1/4 turn taps - you can see at a glance if they are off and
people (like me) don't turn them off to blacksmith's arm strength just
to be sure. and the kids don't leave them dripping (they might leave
them on - but if they do turn them off, they do it properly).

Trouble is that if they're half on, and you've forgotten which way
they go, you may end up getting soaked when trying to turn them off.

I've already had that problem! Last year, we had a small extension /
utility room added to the rear of the kitchen, with its own additional
sink. At this sink, the taps turn in the original direction. A few steps
away, at the kitchen sink, until a couple of weeks ago, the taps turned
in the opposite direction. I was always turning the utility room taps in
the wrong direction, and spraying water everywhere. The dilemma now is
whether to leave all four taps alone (all now turning in the original
direction), or to swap them all to what we want.
--
Ian