Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Quarter-turn ceramic taps - Are H & C the same?

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On 27/10/10 14:04, Ian Jackson wrote:
Apart from the direction of turn, and the red and blue colour coding (of
the top, and of the bottom rubber seal), is there any difference?

No difference AFAIK. I did the same - rotated the handles and swapped
the caps to give the desired effect.

I love 1/4 turn taps - you can see at a glance if they are off and
people (like me) don't turn them off to blacksmith's arm strength just
to be sure. and the kids don't leave them dripping (they might leave
them on - but if they do turn them off, they do it properly).

Thanks for the confirmation. I just wondered if there was some subtle
difference - like the different pressure and temperature ratings for the
inlet hoses for washing machines.
--
Ian