Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT "I laid off my son, today"

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

As far as unfunded mandates, what about the Medicare Dug Bill W pushed
through, there never was any funding for that. Nor were the wars in Iraq
and Afghanistan ever funded. What about it? Nor were his tax cuts for
the rich ever funded.

While I more or less agree except with the tax cuts. That assumes
that the government is entitled to some of your money just because it
was there before. Also, you do realize that the cuts included taking the
former 10% bracket down to nothing at all, correct?

And just what benefit did we get out of deregulating derivatives?
That was McCaine's chief economic advisor who snuck that through in the
dead of night.

You do realize that the bill doing that was passed by large
majorities, so the Dems voted for it in droves. And "sneaking it through
in the dead of night" included votes in both Houses-after committee
meetings-- sending it to the conference committee and then back to both
Houses. I'd have to look it up again, but IIRC, the vote in the Senate
was by acclimation or voice vote.

At this point it looks like you are just babbling talking points
without any real knowledge. But blind faith is your thing, isn't it?

Seems to work well for both sides.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke