Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T; World's Largest Solar

In article ,
says...

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Exactly what one would expect of California.

Yeah, electricity without burning fossil fuels, what will those crazy
hippies try next? Pollution is meant to be, there's something in the
Bible somewhere about it, I think I heard that.

Psst. Oil is not used to generate power.

It isn't? Then what pray tell is the liquid that is burned by power
plants?

While it's not going into many new plant startups, it most assuredly is
being used.

Gas certainly is, but it's
non-polluting.

By what standard? By the standards of the AGW advocates it most
assuredly _is_ polluting.

True, about half our electrical energy is generated by coal,
but there are only ten coal-fired electrical generators (at five sites) in
California and combined produce less than 1% of the state's electricity.

However California is run by loons so it doesn't have much relevance.