Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T; World's Largest Solar

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Exactly what one would expect of California.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Next thing you know, mushrooms are growing underneath the panels and then
snakes and other wildlife come and a whole new eco system starts.

What kind of eco impact will these disturbances have on the whole world?...
glaciers starting in Ca?

When will mankind start leaving things as they were supposed to
be...petroleum comsumption and smog?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...
World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 22:36:52 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Cool. Sure beats the massive and expensive-to-run natural-gas
installations they were putting in around the time I left CA. That was
a couple months after the natural gas pipeline bottleneck was causing
CA trouble. Brilliant they weren't.

"But there may be a reason for the speed of the project's approval:
builders must break ground by the end of the year to take advantage of
federal stimulus funds."

I think they meant to say "break sand". Blythe is out in Fort
Stinkin' Desert.

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Larry Jaques wrote:
Cool. Sure beats the massive and expensive-to-run natural-gas
installations ...

builders must break ground by the end of the year to take advantage of
federal stimulus funds."

Gives away the underlying problem -- it wouldn't be being done at all
w/o the stimulus and the other incentives.

NG, while a sorry choice for many reasons the primary being that it's
too valuable/useful for other purposes than central station generation,
has the distinct advantage (along w/ other conventional generation
technologies) of being both relatively inexpensive _and_ reliable,
neither of which is the above.

And speaking of "massive"; footprint is invisible in comparison to on a
per MW basis.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote the following:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Exactly what one would expect of California.

Land of the Eloi.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Exactly what one would expect of California.

Yeah, electricity without burning fossil fuels, what will those crazy
hippies try next? Pollution is meant to be, there's something in the Bible
somewhere about it, I think I heard that.

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

Yep it is going to be here in Calif. too bad.
It is estimated that so called Green Energy is going to more than double our
current costs.
Joe in Ca.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
b.com...
World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:42:01 -0700, wrote:

Yep it is going to be here in Calif. too bad.
It is estimated that so called Green Energy is going to more than double our
current costs.

That's impossible. Grayout Davis already quintupled it before he left
orifice.

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks.
-- Jimmy Wales
Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Exactly what one would expect of California.

Yeah, electricity without burning fossil fuels, what will those crazy
hippies try next? Pollution is meant to be, there's something in the
Bible somewhere about it, I think I heard that.

Psst. Oil is not used to generate power. Gas certainly is, but it's
non-polluting. True, about half our electrical energy is generated by coal,
but there are only ten coal-fired electrical generators (at five sites) in
California and combined produce less than 1% of the state's electricity.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

World's largest solar installation to be in California desert.

http://tinyurl.com/23x9xov

Exactly what one would expect of California.

Yeah, electricity without burning fossil fuels, what will those crazy
hippies try next? Pollution is meant to be, there's something in the
Bible somewhere about it, I think I heard that.

Psst. Oil is not used to generate power.

It isn't? Then what pray tell is the liquid that is burned by power
plants?

While it's not going into many new plant startups, it most assuredly is
being used.

Gas certainly is, but it's
non-polluting.

By what standard? By the standards of the AGW advocates it most
assuredly _is_ polluting.

True, about half our electrical energy is generated by coal,
but there are only ten coal-fired electrical generators (at five sites) in
California and combined produce less than 1% of the state's electricity.

However California is run by loons so it doesn't have much relevance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Your CPU, you are accessing the Internet with, contains millions of
transistors.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Huh? The transistor was developed by Bell Labs. But no one uses transistors
anymore.

I'll give you the internet inasmuch as it was invented by a senator from
Tennessee.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:09:07 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Huh? The transistor was developed by Bell Labs. But no one uses transistors
anymore.

Let see the if we do not use transistors, you are not upon the
internet.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques writes:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:42:01 -0700, wrote:

Yep it is going to be here in Calif. too bad.
It is estimated that so called Green Energy is going to more than double our
current costs.

That's impossible. Grayout Davis already quintupled it before he left
orifice.

You really know not whereof you speak.

Posted to rec.woodworking

He thinks it's a "nun with a sex change"

"Markem" wrote in message
Let see the if we do not use transistors, you are not upon the
internet.

Mark

Posted to rec.woodworking

It's very compicated. They have a chart with hundreds of rates on it
depending on quantity used, area you live in, time of day, day of the week,
amd season.

Basically, I remember a few years ago, it was 31 cents on peak and 3 cents
off peak / per kWh. Maybe more now.

"basilisk" wrote in message
I'm curious, what does a kwh cost in CA?
Here (AL) it is around 12 cents tax and all,
Alabama Power is 60% coal, 20% nuke 13% gas and oil, and
the rest is hydro.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 06:43:50 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Oct 29, 8:56*am, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:46:29 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Large discrete transistors also still have their place.

Yup, just look at power amplifiers in sound reinforcement. Forklift
battery chargers, Sarah Palin's dildo, the list is endless.

You have SUCH a hardon for our Sarah, Toy. Cracks me up, it does.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Oct 29, 8:56*am, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:46:29 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Large discrete transistors also still have their place.

Yup, just look at power amplifiers in sound reinforcement. Forklift
battery chargers, Sarah Palin's dildo, the list is endless.

You have SUCH a hardon for our Sarah, Toy. *Cracks me up, it does.

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Oct 29, 8:56*am, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:46:29 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Large discrete transistors also still have their place.

Yup, just look at power amplifiers in sound reinforcement. Forklift
battery chargers, Sarah Palin's dildo, the list is endless.

You have SUCH a hardon for our Sarah, Toy. *Cracks me up, it does.

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.

A bit large, but not a bad body at all. She's definitely one of the
nicest looking politicians I've ever seen.

But, no, I meant the misogynist hardon, your continual rag on her.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Oct 29, 8:56*am, wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:46:29 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Large discrete transistors also still have their place.

Yup, just look at power amplifiers in sound reinforcement. Forklift
battery chargers, Sarah Palin's dildo, the list is endless.

You have SUCH a hardon for our Sarah, Toy. *Cracks me up, it does.

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.

A bit large, but not a bad body at all. *She's definitely one of the
nicest looking politicians I've ever seen.

But, no, I meant the misogynist hardon, your continual rag on her.

WTF, I'll take the obvious bait, I have a beer to finish so I have a
little time.....

Nothing misogynist to it. I rag on stupid people who want to run for
office.
The only reason she has any traction at all is because of her school
mistress tits and every republican, latent or otherwise, wants to be
punished by her because they have been naughty.
She's a totally doable dolt. If I wasn't otherwise committed, I'd hit
it, but it'd be highly unlikely I would be discussing Sartre with her.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.
----------------------
Until she opens her mouth.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.
----------------------
Until she opens her mouth.

Egggggzactly.

She's been coalescing the Republicans like no other speaker so far,
and I sincerely hope it has made a huge difference which will show at
the polls on Tuesday, Nov 2, 2010.

If not, look for some sort of bloodbath to begin shortly. So many
people are on short fuses, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

--
Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come
alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.
----------------------
Until she opens her mouth.

Egggggzactly.

She's been coalescing the Republicans like no other speaker so far,

I just happen to think that the USA is too prominent on this planet
for a Palin-like creature to use as an experiment.
To run a corporation the size of the US government, you need someone
with genuine abilities, not Palin, not Obama, not W, not Gore, but
somebody with a military background who knows how things work, and
doesn't take any bull**** from any weak-assed politicians, has big
enough balls to have the rest of the planet take notice, and is not
afraid to prosecute corruption and hang all the lobbyists. And some
prison reform:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvLOiz_wT4

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

She's got rack that makes any good, red-blooded conservative drool.
----------------------
Until she opens her mouth.

Egggggzactly.

She's been coalescing the Republicans like no other speaker so far,

I just happen to think that the USA is too prominent on this planet
for a Palin-like creature to use as an experiment.

I agree, surprisingly enough. I like the woman but don't want her as a
politician. She's doing fine where she is now.

To run a corporation the size of the US government, you need someone
with genuine abilities, not Palin, not Obama, not W, not Gore, but
somebody with a military background who knows how things work, and
doesn't take any bull**** from any weak-assed politicians, has big
enough balls to have the rest of the planet take notice, and is not
afraid to prosecute corruption and hang all the lobbyists.

Amen!

And some prison reform:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMvLOiz_wT4

I absolutely love it! But the one rectangular state ought to cover
'em all.

--
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.
-- Demosthenes