Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default 2 Bench Shop Model

J. Clarke wrote:
In ,
says...

On 10/26/2010 12:57 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:07:36 -0400,
wrote:

On 10/25/2010 3:09 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Thank you for your paint (color) and lighting suggestions. I'm going to
follow them, except I'm not planning to paint the floor white, at least
not yet.

You're welcome. Believe me, it makes a BIG difference.

Larry,

Someone mentioned (in another thread) that the 5000K bulbs were good,
and then I read somewhere else that they don't produce as much
brightness. Do you agree that they are a good choice for a shop
environment?

Check them out at a lighting store.

:: Lots of useful stuff and a chicken wing snipped :::

I was looking at the "wrap around" style lights at Home Depot.
They were 32W units. Then when I looked at the bulbs I thought I wanted
to use, they were 40W. It could be that the 40W were T-12, I don't
recall. They didn't have any 40W "wrap around" style light fixtures on
hand. Could you help me resolve my confusion about this?

By "wrap around" do you mean "circline" (google that and you'll find
some pictures)?

This is what I was looking at (Lithonia Lighting Square White Basket
2-Bulb 32 Watt T8 Wraparound Lens Ceiling Fixture)

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...mar ketID=276