Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2 Bench Shop Model

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:36:10 -0400, Bill
wrote:

On 10/26/2010 12:57 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:07:36 -0400,
wrote:

On 10/25/2010 3:09 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Thank you for your paint (color) and lighting suggestions. I'm going to
follow them, except I'm not planning to paint the floor white, at least
not yet.

You're welcome. Believe me, it makes a BIG difference.

Larry,

Someone mentioned (in another thread) that the 5000K bulbs were good,
and then I read somewhere else that they don't produce as much
brightness. Do you agree that they are a good choice for a shop
environment?

Check them out at a lighting store.

:: Lots of useful stuff and a chicken wing snipped :::

I was looking at the "wrap around" style lights at Home Depot.
They were 32W units. Then when I looked at the bulbs I thought I wanted
to use, they were 40W. It could be that the 40W were T-12, I don't
recall. They didn't have any 40W "wrap around" style light fixtures on
hand. Could you help me resolve my confusion about this?

Home Depot? Whatever you do, do NOT buy anything from a brand called
Lights of America. It's worse than trash in every experience I've had
with them for myself, my family, and my friends. Trash 12/Quality 0 so
far.

What do you mean by "wrap around"? Frosted covers? I'd suggest bare
lamps since the frosted covers take away too much of the light.

On second thought, you might like the style with the grates on the
front if you're considering hitting them all the time with your
project pieces.

--
Most people assume the fights are going to be the left versus the right,
but it always is the reasonable versus the jerks.