Silvan

Default What can you with a lathe?

Tim Douglass wrote:

This points out one of the great things about a lathe - you really
don't need an expensive or fancy one to do awfully nice (and fun)
work. I have my Dad's old Sears Companion lathe he got maybe 35 years
ago. It's turned a lot of miscellaneous chair rungs, wooden mallets,
candlesticks etc. and probably didn't cost much over $100 new.

Yeah, just don't say this too loud over on the woodturning newsgroup.
They'll start talking about how if it doesn't weigh twice as much as your
old Volkswagen, it's a piece of junk.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/