Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scientific Calculator

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I remember the legend (everybody knows this is true, but I don't
remember ever seeing an actual statement from Heathkit about it) that
they tested their instructions by giving a kit to a secretary or
somebody on the loading dock. Whenever the tester had a question, an
instruction got clarified. Repeat until no questions.

I used to write & update test procedures where I worked. I like to
grab a tech who had never worked with that board/module/assembly and see
what problems they had. Most of the time it was just that they didn't
bother to read the step that was giving them problems. Like one who
complained about a test fixture I built. It had a pair of jacks for the
meter probes and a 12 position rotary switch to set up each test. The
dumb ass opened the fixture wand was ripping it apart because he like
the old way the test was done. The new fixture was more accurate, and
took about seven to ten minutes. The original took over an hour.

enough left over to pay them.