Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT local authority rights of way enforcement officer on his way...any tips?

? Disability Discrimination Act?? or someat else

Sorry about the TLA [1]. Yes, that's what I meant.

How did that make it more difficult? a horse is/was a horse?

Before the DDA an option sometimes used on some bridleways was a "horse
stile". See eg http://www.ride-uk.org.uk/standard/hstile.htm or
http://www.bhsscotland.org.uk/docume...20guidance.pdf
Since the DDA horse stiles can AIUI still be used *but* there needs to
be an alternative route for wheelchair users.

Also (according to a keen horsewoman with whom I used to work) some
equestrian enthusiasts deprecate horse stiles because they cannot be
negotiated by arthritic horses. But she may have been pulling my
chain.

[1] Three Letter Acronym

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com