Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default I Need Some Light Bulbs !!!!!

On Oct 25, 5:51*pm, Roger Mills wrote:
On 25/10/2010 13:14, the_constructor wrote:

The local church that I attend have asked me to try and find a bulb supplier
in the UK preferably, who can supply some 120V 7.5W (7 point 5 W) Screw-In
bulbs which are used to illuminate the foot pedal keys on the Allen organ.

I have looked at that many websites, I feel that I am going dizzy.

Could anyone possibly help with some information lease ?

With kindest regards,

James

Does the church have a maintenance contract for the organ? If so, you
should be able to get failed bulbs replaced under that.

Otherwise, have you contacted the Allen Organ people?http://www.allenorgans.co.uk/index.php?page=about-us
They claim to keep spare parts for all Allen organs made since 1937.

Failing that, you may be able to re-wire the lights to connect to the
incoming mains rather than to the 120v transformer, and then use 240v bulbs.

[Since the organs are made in the USA, everything is designed round
110/120v, and they use a step-down transformer for Europe. The church I
used to attend has one - which I was instrumental (sorry!) in acquiring
for them, and the transformer causes fun and games at PAT testing time
because it's connected straight across the mains even when the main
switch on the console is off!]

Might be better to run low v to the holders instead, and make up LED
clusters. You get 50,000 hour lights that way.

NT