Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sarotrob Sarotrob is offline

Default automatic flushing - men's urinals

"Frank Stacey" wrote in message
The local community hall is infrequently used (and used mostly by women at
that). How can we minimise water usage in the men's?

I came across mention of a system which only fills the urinals' cistern
when some other water is used - possibly the wash-hand basin. Can anyone
point me to a spec and source of this sort of control.
I am aware of the sort which uses a motion detector and only initiates
filling the cistern when someone moves in the loo area. I am hoping the
mechanism which I am hoping someone can recognise from my brief
description might be cheaper and easier to set up.

TIA
Frank Stacey

Replace the flushing mechanism with manually operated Prestex Push valves
and request that users push after going. This is the usual arrangement in
the States and the continent.