Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default .22 scope adjustments

"Ignoramus22870" wrote

I adjust for vertical by simply aiming 1.5 inches higher, to account
that the scope axis is 1.5 inches above the barrel. This is what I
mean by dead on.

I measured my shooting stand to my squirrels burrows on Google Earth. I
sighted it in at that distance to strike the target 1.5" below where I aim.
When I shoot at squirrels, I aim for the head, and they are so big that the
shot usually hits center mass, and is lethal.

Now I am making a simple cradle for sighting it in, and a support for my gun
stand to make it rock steady. Those squirrels are not going to have a
chance this year.

Making two gravity powered tip pipe water traps for them, too. They worked
very well last year, and this year will be Mod 2 from things I learned last
year.

Steve