Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default IKEA Kitchen Cabinets

On 10/23/2010 9:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I've never bought anything IKEA. As far as I know, I've never *seen*
anything IKEA in real life.

I just saw a magazine ad for an IKEA kitchen.

Anybody know where the quality of IKEA kitchen cabinets ranks?

It's all euro style, of course. No face frames.

The IKEA stuff is made well but not out of expensive ingredients. It's
mostly laminate, but good quality laminate. A lot of it is very
interesting with all kinds of ingenious doors. The hardware is durable,
the designs are minimalist, and the construction is precise. From what
it is made, it should be junk, but it's not.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...kitchen/10470/

I've bought a few things such as screw feet from them for my cabinets.
When I was buying a forstner bit to mount them at Highland Hardware the
sales clerk who was a woodworker said that he had IKEA furniture in his
house. He thought that well of it.

If you have never been in an IKEA, it is an experience. So large it
has a cafeteria. I've bought a bunch of stuff there. I'll probably buy
some kitchen lights there in the next day or two.

I've looked at a lot of kitchen cabinets lately, to see how they were
made. IKEA is different.

Jeff

Thanks!