Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 23:20:30 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 11:11:10 -0700, Jim Weisgram quoted:

Given the sealed
ball bearing construction, the other great thing is that it won't
degrade over time, and the robust nature of the cast aluminum arms means
that even at extreme bevels the system retains its perfectly smooth
action

I'd have to argue with that. Sealed ball bearings do degrade over time,
although in this case "time" may be long enough to not matter.

I have worn out a couple of sets in the steering stems of motorcycles :-).

Perhaps there is a wee bit more action on those steering bearings?

--
I am an old man, but in many senses a very young man.
And this is what I want you to be, young, young all