Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_12_] Josepi[_12_] is offline

Default Shop heater

Some observations

You better have more than one circuit in your garage / shop. That takes the
whole 15amp capacity.

Need two if it's really cold. Face will be sunburned and your back will be
frozen from the radiant units I have experienced when really cold.

I may be trying the same thing this winter. Frozen spruce sometimes explodes
when cut, though.

"MJ" wrote in message
While the rainy season makes its debut here
in Northern Calif., my thoughts turn to heating
the shop.

I'm thinking of buying the Lee Valley shop heater:

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...56,43465,44590

My shop is a single car garage stall so not
large at all. Fall/winter temps range from 55 - 75 most
days from Nov - March, though it could get warmer/cooler
almost any day during the season(s). And no, I wouldn't
need it when it's 70+ out.

Anyone has one of these, liked it, hated it or bought
something else?

MJ