Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default .22 scope adjustments

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:35:38 -0500, Ignoramus22870
wrote:

Never mind. I misread what I wrote down. It was 21 feet instead of
12. I made the adjustments and the scope is now dead-on horizontally
and vertically. It actually seems pretty decently made.

On 2010-10-23, Ignoramus22870 wrote:
I have a .22 rifle and I am trying to adjust the scope.

Unfortunately, I am limited to 12 feet distance at the moment.

I just made a great .22 target/catcher from a 12x12" 1/4" steel plate
and wood, so I can now work on the scope.

At exactly 12 feet of distance, impacts very reliably end exactly 1
inch to the left.

The scope is this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CRC20G

An adjustment of 1/4" MOA means 1/4 inch per click at 100 yards. 12
feet is 4 yards, so one click means 1/4*4/100 = 0.01 inch. So, to
adjust the point of impact by this much, I would need to adjust the
scope by 100 clicks?

This does not make sense to me. Would it suggest to you that something
is seriously wrong with the scope, or the way I mounted it?

Why in the world would you need a scope at 21 feet? Even I could see
that far with iron sights. Sounds like something is wrong with the
scope if it only focuses at 21 feet. Just my thinking.

Jim