Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Ebooks of interest

Jon Anderson writes:

Not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be that the DX (big
Kindle) was the only one that could directly accept PDF files from a PC.
The small one required you to do something like email the file to Amazon
where they "converted" it to your Kindle.

Oooh, THAT is not something I like. Take forever to email everything I
wanted to load up. Ok, I'll just sit back on the sidelines and watch
them evolve a bit more.

No, no, no. The $139 Kindle 3 works natively with PDFs. You just connect
it to your PC via USB, copy the PDF file into it like a USB drive, and its
on there.