Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.

On 10/23/10 1:04 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
http://www.boschtools.com/Innovation...Miter-Saw.aspx

But is it really a better design or just typical modern German
engineering for the sake of engineering?

I say, yes, it's better, if only to save the space behind the saw.

Even if it isn't rigid enough to maintain accurate angles?

Who said it wasn't rigid enough?

Who said it was?

You like to assume the worst, don't you? :-)
I take for granted that a $700 Bosch saw is going to be built very well.
And you know, what? If it's not, I take it back for a refund.

I haven't used one, so I don't know.
But I have used some tube sliders that had way too much play for the
price.

Bingo. So does this thing address that problem or does it make that
worse to gain something else?

I guess we'll find out.

--

-MIKE-