Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.

On Oct 23, 2:11*pm, Jim Weisgram
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:42:17 -0400, "J. wrote:

[...snip....

I say, yes, it's better, if only to save the space behind the saw.

Even if it isn't rigid enough to maintain accurate angles?

I went looking for reviews. Here's one:

http://www.protoolreviews.com/review...d/saws-routers...

And some snips:

{and one of mine!}

The saw comes with a full 3 horsepower (HP), 15 amp
motor and provides 3,800 rpm.
Bosch's GCM12SD Glide Miter Saw doesn't feature an integrated laser.

No laser? How can that be???

Anyway, sounds promising to me. Beyond my budget, but in the range of
other top end miter saws.

Well, that certainly is a glowing review, but I'd never heard of that
web site, so I wanted to see what sort of review they gave to the
Festool CMS. Umm, they didn't. They haven't reviewed a single
Festool item, other than the new Systainer and a 3rd party saw blade.
How can that be?

That's kind of an odd omission, no? Maybe that's one of the Mercury
News type of review sites that always give glowing reviews to movies,
even the ones that suck. I know the Bosch doesn't suck, but they just
bought right into whatever Bosch fed them, have no on the job
experience with the saw, and, well, it's not even on the market yet.
Time will tell if the linkage stands up to use and abuse.