Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Bosch 12" axial-glide miter saw.

On Oct 23, 4:07*am, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
"Edward *Hennessey" wrote in messagenews:1qSdnTVPdPas7F_RnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@earth link.com... This is different:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/bosch-axial-...

http://www.boschtools.com/Innovation...Miter-Saw.aspx

Reminds me of when I saw a Festool miter saw up close and personal.

I wanted one. I didn't need one. I already had a miter saw. *And I couldn't
afford it.

But I still wanted one.

It looks like great engineering. *It also looks expensive. I wonder how well
those articulating arms would hold up in the field.

That's the question. More joints, more freedom of movement, more
potential play in the mechanism. The Festool "reclaimed that real
estate" by moving the rails forward. Bosch can't do a direct copy of
the Festool design, whether or not it's patented, because there's
German pride on the line.