Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default automatic flushing - men's urinals

On 23 Oct, 16:31, "A Plumber" wrote:
"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

Frank Stacey wrote:
The local community hall is infrequently used (and used mostly by
women at that). How can we minimise water usage in the men's?

I came across mention of a system which only fills the urinals'
cistern when some other water is used - possibly the wash-hand basin.
Can anyone point me to a spec and source of this sort of control.
I am aware of the sort which uses a motion detector and only initiates
filling the cistern when someone moves in the loo area. *I am hoping
the mechanism which I am hoping someone can recognise from my brief
description might be cheaper and easier to set up.

TIA
Frank Stacey

Well only making the gents urinal flush when the wash hand basin is used
certainly will save you some water! It is probably the ultimate water
saving feature.

However the system you are thinking about is called Cystermiser. I believe
that it operates on pressure. You will have to Google for it as have only
ever fitted the PIR systems that you refered to.

Cheers

--
Adam

the cisternmiser lets a small amount of water, adjustable, into the cistern
when there is a drop in water pressure
ie when a tap is opened, and slowly fills up the cistern until it flushes..
Easy to fit also.- Hide quoted text -

Easy to fit, but doesn't work very well IMHO. It also assumes that men
will wash their hands; not necessarily true. The PIR systems are
better but as stated by an other, you need a system that can flush
once a day, say, if not used.