Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ebooks of interest

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:50:40 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Jon Anderson wrote:

My interest in the Amazon Kindle went up greatly when I read it will
hold up to 3500 ebooks. Now I'm not sure yet how many it'll hold in PDF
format, but dang, to have a few hundred technical reference books
available in a heartbeat...

Saw one at Staples the other day, and it was so thin, I thought at first
it was a cardboard facsimile until I noticed the power cord. Really a
slick looking unit. I've put it at the top of my wish list for Christmas...

Jon

If only I could verify my ownership of many of my books and have them on a kindle after
recycling them. That would be sweet. The one down side of drm is what happens to your
library after you die?

Read some of the angry comments in the kindle feedback files. If your
kindle dies in-warranty, they give you a new one. Then you can
individually download each and every one of your titles that you saved
to the old one. 3,500? Should take you only a FEW WEEKS, if you have
nothing else to do 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. It seems that
they're not quite perfect.

--
I am an old man, but in many senses a very young man.
And this is what I want you to be, young, young all