Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ebooks of interest

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:45:27 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 10/22/2010 3:50 PM, Wes wrote:

If only I could verify my ownership of many of my books and have them on a kindle after
recycling them. That would be sweet. The one down side of drm is what happens to your
library after you die?

Hmm, that brings up another question... I grabbed a number of the
military books on machining, electronics, and machine repair. I just
-assumed- that I could load up any book I wanted in PDF format.

I've ripped some CD's to MP3 and loaded them onto my Ipod with no DRM
verification, didn't see why the Kindle would be any different. Looks
like I'm wrong?

And you bring up a really good point about digital libraries. Printed
books can be handed down through several generations or more if cared for.

Jon

So can Ebook formats, if you save them on DVDs/CDs and so forth..or
preferably..a USB hard drive that you refresh every 4-5 yrs

And give your DRM code in your last will and testiment...G

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)