Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R.[_3_] Jeff R.[_3_] is offline

Default Ebooks of interest

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message

Ah, good to get some feedback like this. Maybe I'll opt for the bigger
one.

Smaller one fits in big pockets. Big one wouldn't.

And good to know they'll deal with folks down under, as I'm headed there
in the not too distant future...

Sensible choice. (Both of them)

So, how hard is it to -find- the book you want? Is it straight
alphabetical, or can you organize books into folders by topic?

You can create "folders" and move your books into them. Sadly you cannot
(AFAIK) create a hierarchy of folders-within-folders, which is a shame for
me. I like over-organising my directories.

Still, simple folders is better than 'nowt.

There is a very comprehensive search function, which will search: your
stuff, kindle store, google, dictionary, wiki, or just take you to the web.
Did I mention it goes on the web?

I almost never use the search function, though. Prefer to keep my stuff in
logical folders.

You can sort your stuff by: title, author, collection (folder) or most
recently accessed.

Yeah, that screen really is lovely, part of why I thought I was looking at
a fake for a few seconds.

When I got my first one, I tried to peel off the printed instruction sheet
from the screen. There wasn't one. :-|

--
Jeff R.

Jon