Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Replace spark plugs

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
:

wrote in message

Not looking forward to the job on the 2.4 liter PT Cruiser!!!!!!

Not sure of the motor size, but a fellow at work was quoted $ 1200 for
the timing belt on his PT Cruiser at a dealership.

2.4L-4cyl motor

He drove it and
the belt broke. Got it replaced for only $ 850. Thing was he was
about 150 miles from home and had to get a ride back home and it took
3 days for the independent shop to do the work.

he's lucky he didn't have an interference engine. Then he would have had to
have the motor rebuilt,after some valves crashed into pistons.

I had a timing belt break on an 74 Civic CVCC,no damage,motor spun real
fast when cranking it. I forget what it cost to replace,but it wasn't much.
Maybe a couple $100.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik