Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Replace spark plugs

"Nestor Kelebay" wrote in message
roups.com...
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...gs-591810-.htm
Nestor Kelebay wrote:
Reno wrote:

I get annoyed sometimes when I hear about the way American cars are
designed and manufactured. My sister had a Ford Taurus and had to pay
over $700 to replace the fuel pump in it. That's cuz the fuel pump was
inside the gas tank, and they had to drop the gas tank out of the car to
replace that fuel pump.

I, on the other hand, had a Toyota Corolla at the time. The fuel sending
unit on that car went, and I got a replacement one from one of my local
auto wreckers. Toyota engineers and designers had the foresight to
provide a removable panel under the carpet in the trunk of my car situated
directly above the fuel sending unit. That little bit of thinking on
their part saved thousands of their customers a lot of money. That same
thinking on Ford's part would have saved their customers money too, but
they didn't include such a panel.

Some of the "shade tree mechanics" have learned to take a hole saw and cut
holes in the car to get at things like that and some things under the hood.
Saves a lot of time for them and money for the owner.