Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing oil stains from bluestone?

On 10/21/2010 10:11 AM Arthur Shapiro spake thus:

In article , Don Wiss
wrote:

I bought an electric chain saw and following instructions I added
bar and chain oil.

Without any personal experience in this exact situation, I wonder whether a
small amount of diatomaceous earth might be worth applying to the stain areas.
It's pretty spectacular stuff - kind of like kitty litter on steroids.

I wonder; I know it's great as an insecticide for certain species, but
that's because it contains microscopically-sharp surfaces that cut the
bug's exterior. Not sure how absorbent the stuff is. Cat litter might
actually be better; I've used that on oil spills (on concrete) and it
works pretty well.